Monday, December 9, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I'm sorry faithful readers, I have been absent lately.  I don't have the harvest excuse this time, all I can say is that I've been very busy, in a good way.  Since we are in the midst of the holiday season, I have been doing a lot of volunteering.  I'm not going to use this blog to toot my own horn, that is not the point of volunteering.  I do, however, want to invite you to like the organization that I am involved with.

A.S.K.- Acts of Sincere Kindness started as a group of friends organizing and raising funds for different charities in our area.  We always hoped to become and are still working on becoming a non-profit so that we can raise our own funds.  In recent days, because of events we've helped with, our group has grown a lot.  We want to keep growing and encourage anyone looking to help the Alexandria and surrounding communities to join our organization.  We are trying to spread our mission and would really like your help.  Please go to our Facebook page and like us.  Please share our page with your friends.  Any help you can give us will bring us one step closer to becoming a "real" organization with a non-profit ID.

How could you not help these smiling faces?

This is some of our group at our annual Whobilation.  We bar-hopped, asking for donations from bar patrons and donated the funds to Jingle Bells, a local fundraiser for the Alexandria Jaycees.  They provide gifts and food baskets to area families in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment