Friday, April 14, 2023

30 before 40???

 

Original goal

Notes (notes in parenthesis are from 2012)

1.  Go to New York. (planning for my 30th bday)

I still have not been to New York, will have to do it before I turn 50!

2.  See a Broadway show on Broadway.

3.  Go on a hot air balloon ride with Grandma. 

(completed January 4th, 2012 with my Grandma Judy and Dad)

4.  Hug a tree.

Oh I have done this plenty of times! 😊

5.  Make and wear my own clothes.

Does it count that I made my cape for the play I was in?

6.  Participate in 30 fundraising/charity events.

I know I’ve completed this but it would take me a long time to list them all!

7.  Rent a convertible.

I’ve driven a convertible a few times, but I have not rented one

8.  Go on a blind date.

I’m married now, so this one will be removed from the list

9.  Catch and filet my own fish.

Still need to do

10.  Read the 30 books to read before 30.

I have only read 6 of the books on this list.

11.  Place a $100 bet on one hand in blackjack. 

(can't remember the date, but I completed this at Mystic Lake...AND WON!)

12.  Buy everyone in the bar a drink. 

(I can't remember when I did this, but I was at the Firestation in Garfield)

13.  Steal a sign.

I don’t know if I have the courage to do this now.  LOL

14.  Get a second tattoo.

I have four now

15.  Send flowers to a random stranger.

I feel like I did this but didn’t document it.  Guess I’ll have to do it again.

16.  Re-teach myself how to play the piano.

16.  Learn how to play bass guitar

I tried to do this back in 2020, it did not go well.  Now I’m trying to learn bass so this goal is changing. 😊

17.  Master preparing a gourmet 5 course meal. (including homemade cheesecake)

I think about this ALL THE TIME!  I have a meal plan, I just need to do it.  Also, I have mastered cheesecakes.

18.  Stick to a work out plan for 30 days.

I’ve done this a few times over the years.

19.  Lose 20 pounds.

Did this and then gained it back a couple times.

20.  Smoke a cigar 

(completed January 3rd, 2012 on my trip to AZ).

21.  Eat at the top 10 restaurants in Minnesota.

This constantly changes and I’ve eaten at some amazing restaurants in Minnesota.  I’m calling this one done.

22.  Become ordained to perform weddings.

I became ordained in July 2021 and have performed three weddings.

23.  Tip a server more than the bill.

I have done this a handful of times over the years.

24.  Go to five states I've never been to.

I lived in Texas and had a layover in North Carolina since 2011…but I have not completed this goal yet

25.  Own a pair of designer heels

(can't remember the date, but I bought $600 boots)

26.  Bury a time capsule to open in 10 years. (planning to do this on my 30th birthday)

My friends helped me make a time capsule on my 30th birthday.  I will be going through it on my 40th birthday.

27.  Watch AFI's 100 Years...100 Movies.

I have watched 37 of the movies

28.  Have at least $1000 in my "fun money" account.

My “fun money” account is in a constant state of fluctuation.  But I have over $1000 in savings. 😊

29.  Order something from the home shopping network.

How have I not done this yet???

30.  Make 500 paper cranes.

I remember starting this and never completing it.  I guess I get to start over.  Can I do it before my 40th birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment