Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Treats

I really wish that we got more trick-or-treaters in my tiny town.  Last year I had 7 kids stop by (four of them were my neighbors and one was my niece).  Needless to say, I had to finish off the candy bowl myself.  I vow not to do that this year!  This year I'm doing something special for my niece and the neighbor kids (who also happen to be my bestie, Shanna's, children).  This year I'm making cute little Halloween gift bags for each of them.  Here's how I'm doing it.

First, I created the bags.  I took a simple white lunch bag and rounded the corners.  I drew on a spooky face.  Then I poked some holes in the top for a ribbon to tie it closed.


Next, it was time for the treats.  I took a cue from my mummy door and made mummy chocolate bars.  I simply wrapped each candy bar with strips of toilet paper (you can use streamers or gauze too).  I still have to glue on the googly eyes, but I have to make it to the craft store before this weekend.  :)


So, I was at my parent's house this week and my mom gave me some gauze, she also had some googly eyes.   They look much better with gauze than toilet paper, don't you think? :)



I found some gross candy at Target to throw in their bags...I'm sure their parents will love these!  LOL


I also found some Halloween activity books and stickers at Walgreens.


My niece is getting one thing the others aren't (because she's my niece and I can spoil her).  I got her this Dora book, or like she says "Dorla".


I have some other treats I'm going to throw in there to fill the bags a little more, I hope they like it.  Parents of these kids: If you are reading this, keep it to yourself! :)

I probably won't be around when the other neighborhood kids come trick-or-treating (if any do) because I'll be in the field.  I've decided to leave a bowl of candy out for them and they can take what they want.  I figure I may have some kids that will take more than they need, but I'm sure most of them will have parents with them and will control them....maybe?!?!  :)  Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment