Friday, October 25, 2013

October Birchbox

I received my October Birchbox a couple weeks ago and was so busy that I had to open it in the tractor.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only Birchbox recipient that has done this.  :)  I've only used one of the products so far, but here it is:

 The box was, of course, the classic brown Birch box with pink paper inside.  This month's theme is "Beauty Buzz", they featured products that have become favorites over the years.



This first product I pulled out was 12 Benefits Instant Healthy Hair Treatment (Full size $19).  I love hair products and can't wait to try this one!


The next one is dr. brandt microdermabrasion skin exfoliant (full size $78).  Obviously this product is quite pricey, so it must be good, right?  That's not always true in my experience.  :)  I'm not too excited for this one since there is a light exfoliant in my daily face wash, but I'll give it a try.


Now to the Birchbox pouch.  I guess one of these comes in every Birchbox, it always has something in it...usually exciting, this time not so much. :(  Inside I found dr. brandt light years away whitening essence and whitening cream (Full size $99/$110).  This "dr. brandt" stuff is expensive.  I've never used a whitening cream, I have no idea how I'm going to feel about this stuff.


The most exciting product in my Birchbox this month is something I've never tried before, a lip and cheek stain.  theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen (Full size $17) is going to get it's first trial run on Halloween. :)


The last item in my Birchbox is the one that I have been using since I received it.  It is called a "Birchbox Find", these are items that are found in general department stores, pharmacies, or maybe even convenience store.  This month, it was Chap Stick's Hydration Lock Moisturizer in Vanilla Creme.  It is awesome, the best lip balm I've ever used!  It is smooth, not sticky.  It makes my lips feel plumper and it's great under other lip colors as a primer.  It came with a $1 coupon to buy more.  It also came in a cute Birchbox plastic baggy too...I may have to use this next time I travel.


Well, there you have it, October's Birchbox...from the tractor.  Hey, maybe I should make this a them and open my Birchbox in different places every month.  :)  Birchbox roadtrip...I like it.  Anywho, back to the field to finish out my 75+ hour work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment