Monday, September 16, 2013

How Long Does it Take You to Get Ready?

I feel like getting pretty tonight.  Usually when I have the urge to get all pretty I want to go out.  Well, it's Thursday night (not really, but when I wrote this it was) and tonight is the night for karaoke.  In the small town of Alexandria there are four places to do karaoke on a Thursday night...and I LOVE karaoke.  So, I've decided it's a good night to go out and belt out a couple tunes.

First step, shower!  I know you all want to know what my shower regime includes.  LOL  Well, it's pretty simple.  I using Sexy Dahlia Rush Shower Gel from Bath and Body Works...I love the smell so much that I bought hair spray and body spray of the same scent.  I shave with Evolution of Smooth Shave Cream in Pomegranate Raspberry...best smelling shave cream EVER and I can use it dry if I'm in a hurry.  I wash my face with Best Face Forever Face Wash by Perfectly Posh...this stuff is wonderful!  It is grainy to give you a nice scrub but gentle enough to use every day.  I swear my face perks up and my pores shrink every time I use it.  It is only available through a consultant, let me know if you're interested I'll set you up with my connection.  I actually have a confession....I haven't colored or cut my hair since about April (yep, almost 6 months) so I don't use really nice shampoo.  I've been using shampoo I've purchased with coupons or discounts all summer.  Right now it's Suave Keritan Infusion, its leaves my hair feeling clean but heavy...most of the time I don't even use the conditioner (because of the weight) which leaves me with stringy hair that is impossible to brush through.  Well, enough talking about the shower, I'm never going to be ready at this rate.


When I'm all clean, it's time to moisturize.  First the face, I use Night & Day Moisturizer from Perfectly Posh.  A little goes a long way with this stuff, it is a deep moisturizer, but works for dry to oily skin, I have the later.  I then apply moisturizer all over especially legs if I've just shaved.  I'm kind of embarrassed to tell you the lotion I use right now....OK, FINE...I will tell you.  I use Snooki Shimmering Body Moisturizer.  I got it in a basket at a silent auction.  The first time I used it I fell in love!  It smells heavenly, sweet, girly, a little fruity and it leaves my skin feeling SO luxurious (not really a word I associate with her).  PLUS, it has bits of shimmer in it so it gives you a pretty glow....not sparkles, I hate sparkle lotion.  Oh, and BTW that is a Turbie Twist holding my hair up and soaking up the moisture...best invention in the history of EVER!


Now to find something to wear.  It's hard to choose on a night like tonight.  I could go Summer-y still since the weather has been nice, something more Fall-ish would be cute too.  Here's what I picked:


Now it's time for the hair...the worst part!  My hair is long, thick, and unruly.  Normally I would let it air dry before doing anything, but time is of the essence.  So, first I spray on my absolute favorite product I've sampled with Birchbox, Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect.  It's so many things in one product, I use it if I don't want to use my conditioner (remember above mentioned heaviness), if it's too tangled to get a brush through, or if I'm planning to use a hair dryer, curling iron, or straightener.  It makes my hair smell delicious too!

UNRULY!
I decided to go with a "emo" type hairdo tonight.  Big hair is always fun.  It's hard to get mine big because it's so thick and heavy, but I use the miracle spray AG Hair's Bigwigg Root Volumizing Spray.


My favorite step is makeup.  I love playing with different colors and techniques to get the best look for an outfit or hairstyle.  Tonight I decided to go with my "normal" routine because I use a purple shadow and I thought it would look good with my bow.  :)



Final step, fix my nails.  Since I work on a computer all day, my nail color doesn't seem to last very long before it starts to chip on the edges.  I could go back to acrylics, but I'll just put new color on every few days.  :)  It keeps my look fresh.  I decided to go with the nail polish I got in my Birchbox this week, the color is Delirium by Ruffian.



And just 'cause it's fun, here's a before and after.


No comments:

Post a Comment