Friday, September 13, 2013

September Birchbox

**First off, if you don't know what Birchbox is, I highly suggest you check it out.  They have boxes for women and men.**

I joined Birchbox a couple months ago, I'm planning to share some of my favorite products from those boxes in a future post.  For now, I wanted to invite you to, usually, the most exciting day of the month...the day the Birchbox arrives and I get to open it.  They send an email telling me when it has shipped and I check every morning (sometimes more than once a day) to track the package and see where it is in the country on it's way to me.  My local post office is only open till 11am so the day the box arrives I have to make sure not to schedule anything that might make me late to pick it up.  That little pink box puts a smile on my face because now I have fun, new products to play with all week!


When you open up the pink box, there is a simple brown box inside.  The perfect size box to wrap a gift or recycle into an organizer or other things.  I'm thinking of a fun craft idea to make with mine, I'll share it with you when I'm done.


Inside the Birchbox before you peal back the bright pink paper, is a note card that explains the month's theme and gives information about the products in your box.  Usually I pause and read it before I dive into the box, but this month I ignored it (I'm glad I did because it would have ruined the surprise).  This month celebrates Birchbox's third year so they had another special card.  I think I'll hang mine on the mirror in my bathroom to remind myself of how fabulous I am.  :)


Beneath the card lay the treasure.  Here's what I was greeted with this month:


The first item is Serge Normant's Meta Luxe Hair Spray (Birchbox size 2oz., Full size 7.5-$25), "Airy mist that keeps your 'do smooth and frizz-free, and also shields strands from UV rays."

The second item is the All-Purpose Skin Cream by Egyptian Magic (Bb size 0.1oz., Full size 2oz-$26 or 4oz-$38), "Celebs and health professionals alike swear by this all-natural, all-purpose salve."

Item number three is Benefit Cosmetics' Sugarbomb Ultra Plush Lip Gloss (Bb size .22oz., Full size 0.5oz-$16), "Nonsticky gloss that provides the icing to our look (minus the sugar rush)."


So, these products sound like they will fit well into my beauty regime, but nothing too exciting.  But wait, the little blue box...what's in there.  (This is the reason I'm glad I didn't read the card.)


NAIL POLISH AND PERFUME!  The nail polish came in a full size (not a sample) and is even in my favorite color.  I feel another manicure coming on!  I haven't tried any of the other items yet, but I had to use some of the perfume right away.  It is very feminine and has a clean powdery smell.  (I know, I'm not very good at explaining smells.)

The nail polish is by Ruffian, the color is Delirium (Bb size .17oz-$10) "Bold purple from the fashion label's first lacquer collection.  Exclusive to Birchbox!"

The perfume is by BCBGMAXAZRIA and is called Bon Genre (Bb size .05oz, Full size 1.7oz-$55 or 3.4oz-$75) "Intrigue passerby with this just-launced mix of lychee and mysterious jasmine noir."


So that is my September Birchbox, stay tuned for future posts when I review the items.  Also, the next "beauty" post I'll be doing will highlight my favorites from previous Birchboxes.

BTW, if you're interested in joining me and subscribing to a Birchbox of your own, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment