Thursday, September 12, 2013

Kitchen Clean-Up

Continuing with the cleaning from my first post, I'm moving on to the kitchen today.  I have a TINY kitchen, a lack of cupboard space, and counter space.  I also need to do a little decorating to try and take the focus off the ugly green counter tops.  Just like my bedroom, the kitchen is a disaster right now, so the first step is washing all the dishes.


While the dishwasher was running I set to sewing the curtain I've been meaning to put up since I moved in (almost a year ago).  I measured the fabric and finished the edges months ago.  I just had to attach Velcro to the curtains and to the counter.  I hand-sewed the Velcro on and super-glued the Velcro to the cupboard.  The apartment rental company may not like this, but they will never see them. ;)  I decided to use Velcro (not just attach the curtains to the wood) so that I could easy wash them if they get dirty.



The next step was re-organizing the cupboards so I could get the cereal and granola bars off the counter.  I also re-organized the shelf so that it looked a little more clean.  Unfortunately I don't have enough room for my dishes and food in my kitchen so I had to buy the shelf when I moved in.


The last thing to do was wash and wipe the counters, stove, and floor.  I also rearranged the items on top of my cupboards so that they are better spaced.  I would like to have a more uniform decor up there, but for now this will do.  Here's my BRAND NEW kitchen...well, not brand new but sparkling clean and organized.


No comments:

Post a Comment