Thursday, October 31, 2013

Jessica Rabbit

Happy Halloween everyone!  I hope that this terrible weather doesn't keep too many kids away from their tricks and treats tonight. :)  I know some little ones that will be visiting me for special treats this evening.  To see what I made them, go to my "Halloween Treats" blog post.

I thought I would use my Halloween post to show you all my Halloween costume and how I did the makeup.  I decided to be Jessica Rabbit from one of my absolute favorite movies, Who Framed Roger Rabbit.



I did end up going out in my costume last weekend, a lot of area bars had costume contests both last weekend and will have one this weekend.  I had to stop over to my sisters house and show her and my niece my costume, Parker said I was a princess.  :)  Here's the finished look:


Here is a close up of the makeup.  Sorry both of these pictures aren't very good quality because they were taken with a phone.


So, how did I do it, you ask?  Well, here is a step by step guide on how to do Jessica Rabbit makeup.  Step one, make your eyebrows disappear.  I used a glue stick to completely cover my eyebrows and slick them down to my skin.  I kept applying the glue until my eyebrows were smooth.  Then I applied concealer and liquid foundation to make them disappear.  They were still a little noticeable, but I knew that it was going to be fairly dark where I was going and I was going to be applying more makeup to cover them.  I also applied foundation and powder to my entire face before the next step.


Step two was drawing on where I wanted my eyelids to be.  Jessica Rabbit has really high eyelids, so I drew mine all the way over my eyebrows.  Then I drew on my eyebrows, high and arching.  I used a white pencil so that I had an outline to work with.  Then I filled in the eyelid with purple eyeshadows.  I used four different colors, using the darkest around the outside of the lid and using lighter as I went in.  I used a white shadow to highlight the inside of my eye.  I used a liquid eyeliner to line my eye, I drew it out further than my eyelid to create the illusion of a larger eye.


I used a loose brown shadow to draw on my eyebrows and finished it off with fake eyelashes and a good coat of mascara on the top (fake and real) and bottom eyelashes.


If you didn't notice, my hair is red.  :)  I colored it last week and I REALLY like it.  I was going to color it dark again after Halloween, but I think I might leave it for a little while.  The last step before getting dressed was the hairstyle.  I blow dried it with a round brush and then curled the ends.  I was lucky enough to have long bangs so I could great the swoop like Jessica.  (I also used pink blush to contour my cheeks and white powder to highlight under my fake eyebrows, the top of my nose, apples of cheeks, and chin.)


I was pretty pleased with the look!  What do you think?

(One step I didn't take a picture of while getting ready was my lips.  I used a bright red lipstick and a lip brush to paint larger-than-life lips.  I kept them really round on the outsides and over-drew my lips.)


No comments:

Post a Comment