Thursday, October 10, 2013

Re-purposing Shoe Boxes

I have too many shoe boxes (but never enough shoes).  I've been stacking them up in the closet, but it's time to do something with them.  The best thing to do with shoe boxes is use them for storage but who wants a bunch of mismatched shoe boxes stacked around?  Organizing and re-designing live in the same world so, the first thing I did with my shoe boxes is create fancy looking storage.

Find some cute wrapping paper, I got this at Target for $1.  The paper was a little narrow for my box but when I put the cover on you couldn't tell.


I made a cut label for the box.  I covered a small piece of cardboard with chalkboard paint, that way I can change the label if I need.  I added a pretty piece of pink paper behind it to add a little pizzazz.  It's the perfect storage container for my belts.  I made another one for my clutches and wallets.


I also took an idea from Real Simple magazine and cut up shoe boxes for drawer organizers.  This is their photo...mine didn't look as nice.  LOL


The final project I made with my shoe boxes was a craft organizer.  I used the left over pieces from the drawer organizer to create sections in a large shoe box.  I was then able to organize all of my miscellaneous craft supplies into one box.  Of course I covered the box and the dividers with the pretty paper!



No comments:

Post a Comment