Monday, October 14, 2013

Week #4 Recap & Week #5 Challenge

I know, I'm a day behind on my weekly recap and it's already time to announce this weeks challenge.

This week was pretty stressful, it was the perfect week for pampering myself everyday.  Day one, I did an all over beautification, you can read about it HERE.  Day two I did my nails in the tractor.  I can't remember the sequence of the other pampering days, but they included a full-body sugar scrub after a long day in the field, a deep hair conditioning, another face mask, and eyebrow plucking.  I will share some of the products I used in a later blog. :)


I helped with harvest for three days (until it rained) and only got about 13 hours of sleep in those three days.  Needless to say, I was not the most pleasant person to be around.  I survived and am here to tell the story, so I guess everything is alright.  I took a gorgeous photo of the sun setting one evening.  If I could paint, I would paint this.  This photo was taken with my phone, no filter, no editing.


Like I said, I only worked three days in the field because of the rain.  We had quite a few acres left knowing the rain was coming SOON.  We were lucky to have a neighbor come over and help us out, so we had two combines in the field.  We didn't get it finished before the rain came, but we got twice as much done as we would have without the help.


I went out with some friends on Friday night to help promote Alexzombia, which is already this weekend!  Saturday I had a lazy day, I ate pizza and chips and watched scary movies, it was great!!!  Sunday I unfortunately watched the Vikings game (I'm not a die hard fan and I'm thinking I need a new team to cheer for) and did some work on something I'm going to be announcing this weekend.  Nope, I'm not even going to give my blog readers a hint. ;)  Sunday evening was the most unforgettable part of the weekend.  A friend and I decided to head up to Fergus Falls to attend "The Nurses Cottage" a haunted house in a building of the old state hospital.  The place is creepy enough without adding all the creatures, spooks, and crawlys.  Needless to say, I was completely out of breath and had a horse voice after leaving...they chased us all the way to the car!!!  It was SO much fun!!!

Today I'm starting the week with an early morning trip out to the farm to help fill one truck full of corn before it started raining again.  I am also going to be doing some freezer cooking with my sister and niece.  Yes, I will be sharing photos and recipes from the day.

So, what is this week's challenge you ask?  Well, I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing too much in the field this week so I decided to do one of the challenges that focuses on my home, so it's this week I am challenging myself to clean one room every day.  I will share before and after photos with you at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment