Sunday, November 17, 2013

November Birchbox

It's Birchbox time again!  I'm on a mission to use some more of the products from previous Birchboxes because I feel like I'm getting overwhelmed with samples, that blog coming soon.  I guess that's not a bad thing. :)  Without further adieu, here's the box!

Of course it came in it's usual brown box with pink paper.  November's Birchbox is all about "More Good" this month, which I LOVE!  As the card inside the box says "As any Thanksgiving feast can attest, this is not the time for holding back.  Rather, this month-and the entire holiday season-is about abundance in all forms.  More thanks, more giving, more thoughtfulness, more samples, and of course more pumpkin pie and stuffing."  The way they are giving back this month is by donating a portion of all sales in the Birchbox Shop to No Kid Hungry.  I know I may have said this before, but this is my favorite Birchbox so far, they really outdid themselves this month!


I really wish I would've opened my Birchbox before my morning shower. If you follow my blog, you know I just finished bottles of Kenra shampoo & conditioner and wasn't impressed (read about it HERE).  I've been searching for better shampoo and conditioner ever since and have been using drug store stuff because of coupons of course!  Beauty Protector shampoo & conditioner (Full size $21.95) sounds great, it is sulfate free and claims to add shine and volume.  The greatest thing about this sample is they are filled to the brim.  Even though the bottles are small I think I'll be able to get at least three uses out of them.


Do any of you use "BB cream"?  I've never tried it but it seems to be the next big thing in beauty products.  This Dr. Jart + Water Fuse Beauty Balm (Full size $32) is an all-in-one anti-aging treatment, tinted moisturizer, and SPF.  I wore it all day today and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  It is pretty pigmented so it works for an everyday "makeup", it goes on smooth and leaves my skin feeling clean.  If I were going out at night I would use my normal foundation on top of this.


The Birchbox pouch is always my favorite and it didn't disappoint this month (unlike last month)!


The first thing I pulled out from the pouch was NAIL POLISH!  I love getting nail polish in my Birchbox.  I really hope Color Club's "On the Rocks" (Full size $8) works better than the last.  The purple I received in Sept Birchbox chipped too easily.  It's the perfect color for my Christmas outfit. :)


The second item in the pouch is another fav item of mine...PERFUME!  Of course I couldn't help but spray Juciy Couture's "Viva la Juicy Nior" (Full size $25-$90) on my wrists right away.  It is beautiful!  I'm usually pretty good at describing a scent, but I'm at a loss for words.  All I can say is it will get compliments and it's perfect for the holiday season.  Really, you have to smell it!  Go to your local department store, see if they carry it, and smell it!  I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present and get the full size.


Just like last month, Birchbox included a Birchbox Find in this month's box.  I couldn't believe it...it's a full size Ghirardelli Toffee Crunch bar.  Now, I personally think this is terrible...don't they know I'm already going to be consuming enough calories this month?  Who am I kidding, this is awesome!  (I have to confess, when I created the link to the Ghirardelli link above, I ended up looking at all their gift items and wasted about 20 minutes on their website.  For someone who isn't a big chocolate lover, this is ridiculous!)


The last item in the box was a Holiday catalog.  They have some really great gift ideas, however I think the greatest gift would be to send someone a Birchbox for a few months.  I mean really, how much money do you spend on your close family or friends?  You could have a Birchbox sent to them (they have them for men too) and they would get to open a "present" every month for a few months! :)  If you're interested in joining, share the love and use the link below to sign up, I will get some referral points.  It's the least you could do since I'm sharing my Birchbox with you every month.

Click HERE to sign up or send a box to someone special!



No comments:

Post a Comment